danbury-divorce-lawyer-300x209Shared custody arrangements have been increasing in popularity as more courts are aware that kids do best when they have equal access to both of their parents. Couples who are considering divorce may be able to negotiate shared custody arrangements with the help of a Danbury divorce lawyer.

Once the divorce is complete, the adjustment to the new routine of shared custody can be challenging for both the kids and their parents. The following tips from a Danbury divorce attorney can help make sure that the new shared custody arrangements are successful.

Balance Fun With Necessities

It can be tempting to win favor with kids by taking them out for fun things such as movies or fast food. At the same time, buying necessary items such as a winter coat or school supplies can demonstrate a commitment to the children’s needs.

Keep Kids Out of the Middle

Many parents feel anger and bitterness toward their exes, and there can be a temptation to lash out through the kids. Parents may either try to find out what an ex is up to through the kids or express anger at an ex to the kids. Both of these reactions put children in the middle of adult arguments and make them feel as though they have to choose sides. A Danbury divorce lawyer may advise parents to write down their concerns in a visitation log rather than voice them to the kids.

When looking for a Danbury divorce lawyer, Walter Shalvoy may be the lawyer to meet the needs of parents who are planning to divorce and need to negotiate shared custody arrangements. Contact his office for an initial consultation at 203-426-4409.

Ratings and Reviews

Contact Us

Call Us: 203-426-4409

Shalvoy Law, LLC
12 Queen Street
Newtown, CT 06470

Fax: 203-426-3011

Email: [email protected]

Map and Directions

Send us a message


Client Reviews


I had been arrested for driving while under suspension for DUI, which carries a mandatory minimum 30 days in jail. In spite of the objections from the prosecutor, Attorney Shalvoy was able to convince the Judge to waive the jail term and only imposed a fine.

– A client